Thursday, August 22, 2013

Another ribbon flower how to

Ok, so this method isn't my favorite but it works when you don't have any good wired ribbon on hand. What you will need:

Scissors
Hot glue gun n glue
Ribbon (any kind)
Felt (or paper or anything to make a circle from that you can use hot glue on)

First I cut a free hand circle out of some left over felt I had from making the flowers for Kylie's flower girl dress. This will be however big you want your flower to be.

 
Next, you will cut your ribbon just like you would in my other tutorial.


For this I used a sheer ribbon that wasn't too stiff. Next you will start hot gluing! Be careful in this step to not burn yourself! I let the hot glue cool a lil before putting the ribbon on.


You will then begin working around the circle bunching the ribbon up, overlapping it to make it similar to the wired ribbon tutorial. 


Just keep doing this. Don't worry if you didn't cut a long enough piece or its too long. You can always add more or cut off the excess!


This is how it will turn out. Adjust the petals how you want them and add some bling if you want too!


I made several different sizes for my wreaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment