Monday, August 19, 2013

Burlap Wreath

I am making 4 normal sized wreaths and 2 giant wreaths for our wedding. Here is one of the normal sized wreaths I am making. 


Below I will show you how I made these. They are VERY time consuming but so beautiful!!

First, you need to make a shopping trip to the Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby for the following:

Pool noodle or wreath form
Duct tape
Floral pins
About 2.5-3 yards of burlap
Sharp scissors
Tape measure

Next, you will make your wreath form out of the pool noodle by joining the two ends and securing with duct tape. I found out that the duct tape can slide off of the noodle so you want to do a couple layers going out from the part where it's connected to give it some stability.


Next you are going to get your burlap ready. You may want to cut a section and pin them in the wreath and then cut some more to give yourself a break. You want to cut the burlap in 4 inch squares. They don't have to be perfect either! I think some of mine were rectangles but it will all work out and still look amazing.


Next, you will fold it in half on the corners making it a triangle. 


Then, you will fold in one of the top corners in front.

 
And the other corner behind.


After you have it folded put your floral pin into the burlap then stick it into your wreath form. I started on the inside of the wreath as a guideline and worked my way out a row at a time.


Make sure you leave the back uncovered so it sits against your door or wall nicely. 


After I was done with the front I wanted to cover the back. You don't have to do this if it won't be seen but we are hanging thes on posts for our wedding and I didn't want the back to stand out. I used some burlap strips I cut and just hot glued them to the back.


Added some ribbon flowers and voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment