Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wedding sign madness!!

I've made several sign for our wedding using my silhouette and contact paper. There are two ways of painting the sign with the contact paper. I prefer using spray paint as well with either method but regular paint works too. For most of these signs I wanted to paint just the image not the entire sign. The wood is from the old church on the Blosser farm and is very beautiful! I did not want to cover it up. So I removed the lettering or image and painted that. 

You can also so it the opposite way. Paint your sign the color you want your lettering or image, transfer the lettering or image onto your sign and then paint over it in another color. Remove the contact paper while the paint is a little wet to keep crisp lines. 

Below are my signs!!!
The above is my 2nd favorite!!! The Irish blessing being the first!!


Below I used the paint first method. It can get rather difficult when doing multiple colors.  I don't recommend it but it works!


No comments:

Post a Comment