Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ribbon flowers how to

Ok so I've seen a few tutorials on how to make ribbon flowers and how I show you below is my favorite!! You will need the following:

Scissors
Wired ribbon that isn't really stiff
Hot glue gun and glue


 First you want to cut yourself a decent strip of ribbon. I used anywhere from 2ft to 3ft for mine. It all depends on how big you want your flower but don't go too much smaller than 2ft. You need enough there to make the flower.  


Next you will free hand scallops on the ribbon. When doing this you will be removing one side of wire making sure you keep the other side in tack as shown above.


It doesn't have to be perfect as you can see above. Flowers aren't perfect, that's what makes them so beautiful!


Next you are going to start to pull the wire out of one end of the ribbon and let it bunch up. 


Tie this first end in a knot to keep the ribbon from sliding back. Then go the opposite end and pull the wire out of it. Keep bunching it up.


Let the ribbon curl up. I then used my thumb as something to wrap it around to make a form. I also used the end of my scissors for a few too. Play around with it and get it how you want it to look. I used some hot glue on the bottom to secure in place and voila!


You can leave the center as is or add some bling like I did. I felt like it just needed a lil something more. Perfect!!!

I made several different ones out of different ribbon for my wreaths. Next post will show you another method for making ribbon flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment