Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Here Comes The Bride


I am in love with this sign! Andy & Kylie cut the wood for me into the heart shape and then I burned it.  I will show you below how I did this. 



Here is Kylie modeling the heart. 

First I made myself a stencil on my handy silhouette using contact paper. It's the same template I used to draw the heart on the wood for Andy to cut it.  I used the outer lining to trace the heart leaving what you see below for me to trace my letters how I wanted them. 


Since I cut the letters inside the heart (to save time and $ of course), I was able to line it up just how I wanted it very easily! See the painters tape? Again, saving time and precious $$$ I used a minimal amount of painters tape to help transfer the letter correctly. There is no need to use it on more of the heart since it is so big. Make sure you smooth over the image either with a firm hand or your scraper. Then it's time to lift the tape off. 


If the contact paper pulls up with the tape just put it back down and press again. It will stay down. 


After I removed the tape I put it back on the backing from the contact paper. Again saving $$ to use it on another small project. 


After the tape was removed I just used a pencil to trace the letters.  Then start burning away!

No comments:

Post a Comment